(LQ's Annie Pero and Five Eleven's Mariah Barron)
A few years ago, we wanted to create an initiative that would benefit not only our community, but our customers and environment as well. What eventually transpired was the idea of the Wishing Well Campaign, where customers bring their pre-loved LQ items back to us, and in exchange, receive a discount on a future LQ purchase. In turn, we donate the items to a local initiative or organization in need. In its own small yet tangible way, it is a service that has allowed us to give back to our immediate community members in need and has supported some of our sustainability goals as a business.
In summer 2019, your donations supported the Five Eleven Youth Centre here in North Sydney.
Founded in mid-2018, Five Eleven Youth Centre is a not-for-profit, youth drop-in centre providing a safe space for children, youth and their families to play, grow, relax and inspire one another. The Centre offers art classes, yoga, movie nights, workshops aiming to foster creativity, benefit dances, and more. In addition, the centre has a “Sunshine Room” which houses their Community Caring Closet. In the closet you’ll find clothing for children and adults, shoes, accessories and hygiene products, all of which are provided free of charge to those in need.
Five Eleven graciously accepted your pre-loved items and assured us that the clothing would be going into the hands of individuals in the community who need it most!
Our Wishing Well Campaign is ongoing and we happily accept donations at any time. Should you wish to rehome your LQ items, please consider us! Our donation criteria is outlined below.
Thank you to everyone who has donated in the past, and we look forward to seeing you again in-store!
- Item(s) must be clothing (dress, top, or bottom) and must have been previously purchased at La Quaintrelle. Items will be verified in-store.
- Item(s) must be cleanly washed and in good, gently-worn condition. Items with stains, rips, missing accessories i.e. belts, buttons, etc. cannot be accepted.
- Item(s) may be donated as many times as you wish. One coupon per donation date.
- Coupon can only be redeemed on regular priced items and cannot be used in conjunction with another sale or promotion.
- Coupon can only be used by the donor.
Jennifer and her daughter, Mathilde, have been long-time customers of the shop, and as of late, I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Jennifer a...